I’m old. I’ve worked in libraries for over 35 years. I’m good at what I do. Damn good! But the pandemic has shifted my perspective on an occupation. As I flip a metaphorical coin every time I leave my house, I’ve started to ask myself what the hell do I want to do with my remaining days on this chunk of cosmic dirt. I like stories (one reason I’ve enjoyed working in a library all these years, no doubt). I like making things. I like being alone 80 percent of the time and intensely collaborating with people (who know how to work together and get things done) the other 20 percent of the time. Video editing, based on the five films I’ve made for my library, seems like it might fulfill those things as well as me.
The problem that I’ve had is that I’m slow as molasses with learning the software and techniques, but I’m smart as a whip and can kick ass like any good librarian at finding best resources. When I started on this journey, I found some great folks Peter McKinnon and Premier Gal on YouTube. I love their videos, but I need things to be more basic. So I decided to start a list of simple resources for a beginner learning Adobe Premiere Pro. This is an organic list, so I’ll keep adding to it as I discover more of them.
Adobe Premiere Pro Resources for Beginners
LinkedIn Learning (aka Lynda.com) – Anything that Ashley Kennedy offers on it.
Ashley is a great instructor and the exercise files offered with the courses help you learn by doing. Bonus tip: Check with your local library because this resource might be offered for free through them.
David Bode on envatotut+.
Many of his video are free and he is a great instructor too.